Newspaper is one of a Blog / Magazine Theme From ThemeForest. Let us take a look at Official Description and Features of the Theme After that we will move toward the Download and live Demo links of Newspaper.
Official Description & Features
Newspaper is a WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease. We offer great support and friendly help!
The Newspaper template is excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It also supports videos from YouTube and features a rating system. So far, we have the theme integrated with bbPress Forum, BuddyPress, Buddy Press, and WooCommerce. It uses the best clean SEO practices, and on top of that, it’s fast, simple, and easy to use. In addition, Newspaper supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
A word about speed:
This is the fastest newspaper theme available. We spent a considerable amount of time tweaking every aspect of the theme to perform at it’s absolute best.
All the queries are hand inspected to be optimal, all the images and resources are carefully compress to make the site load blazing fast and all the scripts are profiled and modified to run at top speed.
The full list of features:
- Homepage – We have a lot of homepages in the main menu of the demo
- Search – unique SEO optimized search template
- Blog index
- Author – post count, comments count and author widget
- Category – breadcrumbs, subcategories and category description.
- Tag – easy tagcloud navigation via widget
- 404 template – with latest posts
- Archives page
- All the blocks – please select your block from the top. You can mix and match them. All of the content blocks support ajax pagination and subcategories (including slides)
- Live search with ajax and up down keys
- One click demo install – NO MORE .XML files, with just one click you have the demo data installed
- Powered by Visual Composer – the best Drag and Drop page builder
- Woocommerce support
- Custom bbpress styling + custom login system – you can now build a community with ease.
- Custom auto scaling content blocks – a block changes it’s structure to work perfectly (in sidebar, full width or pages with sidebar)
- Responsive Google AdSense support via our custom admin panel – the scripts loads a different google adsense spot for each screen size. Once it’s loaded it doesn’t modify it in order to be 100% compliant with Google adSense TOS.
- Responsive ads support – for ad networks that allow multiple ad spots on the same div or if you want to show your own ads on different devices. This option will change the ad spot on the fly, for example when a tablet is changed from landscape to portrait. (the header banner from the demo site is using this system)
- Inline Google AdSense or other ads after a predefined number of paragraphs
- Auto youtube, dailymotion and vimeo thumb downloader – just paste a youtube url and the site will download the largest image available from the clip automatically and it will set it as a featured image. Very easy to add videos to articles.
- Built in review system (stars, percents, points)
- SEO: Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
- Built in translation support from our admin panel. No more .po .mo files, you just get a form with all the strings from the theme and the corresponding translations.
- Multi Language site support via the free qTranslate plugin. All from wp-admin.
- Google fonts – change the fonts easy from the Theme panel
- Sticky navigation menu – with option to enable, disable or enable only on big screens (not on phones)
- Each category has:
- 8 category templates styles
- 12 category top posts styles – each with 7 unique grid styles
- 19 custom module style (loop style)
- custom colors
- custom background image
- custom sidebar + position(left, full, right)
- Unlimited sidebars – each post, page, category can have it’s own sidebar. Also the author, search, tag, blog index templates all have custom sidebars
- Built in related posts based on tags, author or category
- Easy Google analytics support (just paste the code in our admin)
- 14 footer layouts
- Custom pagebuilder elements
- Custom widgets
- Popular category widget – show most popular category
- Author box widget – show authors sorted by number of posts, or by name
- Social counter widget – a social counter that shows numbers of likes, followers or subscribers
- Ad box – allow you to select an ad zone (you define the responsive ad zones in our panel)
- 25 Blocks
- Instagram widget
- Weather widget
- Exchange widget
- Text with title
We personally respond to all the request that we receive and we are trying to help everyone.
Please visit our support forum.
Thanks for your interest in our theme!
Nicu G., Radu, Marius, Alin, Emil G., Alina S., Alina G., Lucian, Bogdan, Catalin, Cristi and Andrei from tagDiv
Version 7.3 – July 26th, 2016
UPDATE NOTICE: Please note that this version does not work with legacy Visual Composer versions.
- new: support for facebook featured videos. If a video from facebook is set as featured, the theme can automatically download the thumb and generate the embed player.
- new: login, register and forgot password ajax windows, a complete and more modern redesign.
- new: added support for full height rows, column position and content position on them in Visual Composer.
- new: added support for parallax speed on rows
- new: added support for equal height inner rows and content placement
- new: fixed the blocks ajax filters. Now when padding is added from the design tab, the ajax filters will work as expected
- new: setting to hide the author name on modules and on single posts independently. Previously there was only one global setting.
- misc: we cleaned the theme panel and the code is more organized now
- misc: all the blocks now show a notice to admins on the frontend when there are missing settings that are required.
- misc: all the advertising blocks now support an ad title
- misc: various google webmaster structured data issues have been fixed
- misc: the main theme loader is smoother now
- misc: added class to comment titles
- misc: we changed the way templates detect the Visual Composer plugin. The detection method is based on VC_ROW and it only triggers when VC_ROW is found in the content. This allows one to use shortcodes in the default templates that have sidebar + title.
- fix: bookmarklet missing on mobile theme
- fix: vertical sidebar text on admin tinymce editor
- fix: recipes demo spacing issue
Version 7.2 – July 6th, 2016
- new: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 4.12
- new: We added the Design options tab on most of the blocks.
- new: Added support for custom fonts in theme panel that are uploaded via the wordpress media gallery. The custom fonts can be used just like before on most of the theme’s UI without writing any code
- new: the weather widget now opens an input if it’s unable to locate the user via the browser’s location API.
- misc: block paramers now have a better description
- misc: we fully rewrote the trending now block, it’s now leaner and it works better
- misc: code improvements to the following shortcodes: td_block_big_grid_slide, td_block_homepage_full_1, td_block_ad_box and the video playlists
- misc: the media gallery that is used in the theme panel is now less cluthered and without the unused options
- fix: the close button for the mobile menu was fixed
- fix: long author names now work fine on td_block_16 shortcode
- fix: long instagram user ids now appear as expected on the widget and block
- fix: background ad now works as expected
- fix: styling issue on the install demos panel
- fix: exchange widget and block issue on some servers because we use https to acces the API
- fix: instagram widget warnings with wp-debug on when no instagram id was present
- fix: mobile menu background height is now as expected
- fix: HTML in footer copyright is not stripped now
Version 7.1.1 – May 24th, 2016
- fix: Instagram support on tagDiv Social Counter. The plugin was updated to version 4.1
- fix: mobile menu appears on IE edge on refresh
- fix: uninstall demos was not working as expected. In this version it will remove the installed demo and restore the original content of the site (including menus, widgets and sidebars)
Version 7.1 – May 20th, 2016
- fix: panel got stuck while saving in specific cases, mostly related to categories
- fix: Related articles filter was not working with the settings from the panel if you choose related by tags and the post had no tags set.
- fix: contributor users cannot change the post template now, this is more in line with WordPress
- fix: Security issues
- fix: back to top on ie9
- fix: missing woocommerce add to cart on mobiles
Version 7.0.1 – May 12th, 2016
- fix: Related articles filter was not working with the settings from the panel if you choose related by tags or categories.
- fix: Infinite pagination on categories did not work with speed booster
Version 7.0 – May 9th, 2016
UPDATE NOTICE: Please update tagDiv Social Counter to the latest version that comes with the theme.
- new: Mobile Theme – version 1.0
- new: Instagram block and widget
- new: Footer Instagram
- new: Weather block and widget
- new: Weather option in top bar
- new: Exchange block and widget
- new: Mobile menu on the resposive version of the theme
- new: 4 new big grids
- new: 2 new big grids styles
- new: 3 new modules
- new: 4 new blocks
- new: 2 new footer styles
- new: 15 one click demos
- new: Black version of the theme
- new: 10 Social counter styles
- new: search menu on mobiles
- new: background support for mobile search and menu
- new: the mobile theme and the responsive theme on mobiles now offer a login/register option
- new: custom post types now support a global sidebar that can be set from the theme panel
- new: logo in H1 tags
- new: reset button in theme panel. This will bring the theme to the original state
- new: panel for one click demos
- new: enable/disable category pull-down filter option in theme panel
- new: display order for category tags on post pages option in theme panel
- new: Social Counter – version 4.0 – please update your plugin to the latest version
- misc: the theme settings are now only saved once per pageload and only if needed. We use the shutdown action to save them
- misc: video playlist block now works with multiple playlists of the same type on one page
- misc: we audited all the metadata produced by the theme and we improved every aspect of it
- misc: each demo, now loads it’s separate css file
- misc: updated the google fonts list
- misc: better seo on smartlists
- misc: the featured image from the smartlists now supports custom
- misc: the categories that are listed on post pages can now be shown using the WordPress default order. This can be enabled from theme panel
- misc: all blocks can now sort by older first
- misc: The responsive youtube player now has a better aspect ratio
- misc: All font options are now included on a single page, Theme Fonts, documentation was also updated to match the new configuration
- misc: We optimized the queries for all the blocks and widgets that don’t show posts (popular categories, social counter etc…)
- fix: on blocks the by category filter now returns all the categories again if no ids are selected
- fix: the theme works better with the default wordpress excerpts. It does not remove the … now from the excerpts
- fix: we added the import script from version 4.x of the theme again. We realized that it was a mistake to remove it from the theme because there are still customers using 4.x
- fix: removed no comments message with comments disabled
- fix: layout issue with images that had tagDiv image style set and no link
- fix: infinite loading on categories issue with latest posts when the rest is fewer than the “Blog pages show at most” setting
- fix: footer logo title attribute
- fix: tinyMCE issues with the shortcodes menu (multiple options where selected in specific cases)
- fix: thumb wp_booster API error. Our framework was not recognising the default “thumb” image size that is registered by WordPress
- fix: clean up and optimized all the demos
- fix: custom fonts buffer was not saving in certain cases
- fix: custom fonts documentation link in theme panel was linking to the old documentation
- fix: smart lists first image link target parameter was ignored
- fix: sticky main menu logo didn’t show up when Smart snap (mobile) was enabled
The list of modified files | Read more about this update – on our blog
Version 6.7.2 – April 27th, 2016
- fix: social counter facebook issue with new API keys
- fix: security issue
Version 6.7.1 – April 14th, 2016
- new: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 4.11.2
- new: Revolution Slider plugin updated to the latest version 184.108.40.206
Version 6.7 – March 17th, 2016
- new: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version 4.11
- new: Revolution Slider plugin updated to the latest version 5.2.2
- fix: Theme Panel fixed the structure for categories that have multiple branches(subcategories with their own subcategories)
- fix: Visual Composer 4.10 – Video Player resize problem for aspect ratio 4:3 and 2.35:1
- fix: removed some old Visual Composer detection code from td_wp_booster_functions.php, it was causing an error in certain cases
- fix: improved the Visual Composer detection code inside the default page template file, it was triggered when the shortcodes didn’t have unique names(ex. Woocommerce shortcodes)
- improvement: Authors box widget/block – added user roles option, now you can set it to display only the desired role(s) – https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities
- other: to keep the theme size under 8MB we removed the Revolution Slider install from the Newspaper->Plugins section. You have to install it manually – http://forum.tagdiv.com/how-to-install-revolution-slider-v5/
- other: removed unused code from “page-pagebuilder-title.php” template file
Version 6.6.5 – February 1th, 2016
- fix: WooCommerce 2.5 compatibility + various styling issues
- improvement: Visual Composer plugin updated to the latest version
- improvement: Revolution slider updated to the latest version
- improvement: theme panel status now shows the loaded demo information
- improvement: footer logo title and alt attribute is now configurable from the theme panel
- improvement: faster servers that serve the files for the one click demos
Version 6.6.4 – January 8th, 2016
- fix: homepage pagination issue with WordPress 4.4.1
Version 6.6.3 – December 23th, 2015
- new: visual composer was updated to the latest version 4.9
- new: revolution slider was updated to the latest version 5.1.5
- fix: modified structured data to comply with Google’s new requirements
Version 6.6.2 – December 12th, 2015
- fix: pagination was not working on categories with big grid disabled on WordPress 4.4
Version 6.6.1 – December 3th, 2015
- new social counter version. Facebook requiers now an API key, read more here: http://forum.tagdiv.com/tagdiv-social-counter-tutorial/
Version 6.6 – November 25th, 2015
- new: whatsapp share for article on mobile devices
- new: added http channel test status in the system status panel. You can now check if the theme is able to get the tweet count, like count etc from your host.
- new: filter posts by ID in blocks. You can add/exclude specific posts on all the blocks now.
- new: the theme now has it’s own logging system. We can now debug hosting issues easier.
- new: a new self diagnosting and self configurating module that allows our theme to pull data from other sites more reliably.
- fix: smart list 7 and 8 – sometimes the content was doubled
- fix: g+ new icon
- misc: video playlist is now more reliable and all the code is loaded only when needed via autoload. The youtube videos information is now collected using just one API call instead of multiple API calls for each videos.
- misc: speedbooster 4.2 now supports woocommerce better and moves the style.css to the bottom
- misc: the theme panel works better now when adblock is used
- misc: all the ajax functionality of the theme is now loaded only when needed
- misc: better security checks on all the ajax requests
- misc: html is allowed now in the copyright section of the footer
- misc: social counter button is clickable on the entire area
- misc: the theme’s data source class can now be overwritten from the child theme
- misc: all the widgets from the theme are now optimized to work better. The widget_builder class is now deprecated and all the functionality was moved to td_block_widget
- misc: the video playlist now downloads the videos metadata on render, not on save post. This allows us to use the playlist on the on click demos.
- misc: the following modules of the theme are loaded on demand now: td_log, td_remote_http, td_remote_video, td_data_source, td_video_support, td_more_article_box, td_page_views, td_review, td_ajax. This means that the theme loads them only when needed. We mesured a 10% faster load time after this tweak.
- fix: theme animations where incompatible with some plugins and the visual composer gallery. The animations still worked but all of them looked a bit strange.
- fix: bug with the demo loader – the dinamic css for a specific demo was still loaded even after the demo was uninstall
- fix: header style 8 top submenu z-index fix
- fix: image aligment issue when using custom article paddings
- fix: the documentation url for demos was wrong in wp-admin
- fix: we updated the ads links to point to the right documentation
- fix: Social counter now shows the followers instead of +1 on google plus. Please update your social counter to see the improvement.
- fix: styling issues with the latest version of BuddyPress
- fix: on rare ocassions with some plugins the theme was emitting warnings in the server logs like: “Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string”
- fix: error that was showing up in logs when the theme panel was saved
The list of modified files | Read more about this update – on our blog
Version 6.5 – September 21th, 2015
- new: You can now show in all the blocks and widgets site wide popular articles in the last days provided by the Jetpack plugin
- new: All the block widgets now show the name of the block and the title of the block in the WordPress widgets panel. Now it’s very easy to see what blocks you are using and where. Huge thanks to @shubhra from our forums!
- new: each demo now uses a separate css generator for that modifies the appearance of the theme. The theme now generates just the required css to for each demo.
- new: Cars demo
- new: mobile menu colors can be changed via Theme Panel
- new: smart list 8 with dropdown list
- new: ad spot used for the Smart list 8
- new: Visual Composer was updated to the latest version. Please not that if you are using tabs, the new visual composer has a different shortcode for them and a completely new HTML structure.
- fix: smooth scroll was no longer working on chrome since 6.4. Not it works just like before.
- fix: we added the alt tag to placeholder feature images and the thumb disabled images
- fix: paragraphs in comments on posts and in wooCommerce now have appropriate spacing
- fix: smart list 4 with small content it was not clearing the content and the images where strange. Now it works as expected
- fix: it was not possible to install our wooCommerce plugins from our plugins panel due to a typo
- fix: Woordpress typo in social media panel
- fix: smart list 3 issues with H4 and other headers. It was producing invalid HTML
- fix: breadcrumbs click on post template 4 was not working
- fix: header style 8 + custom menu colors or custom backgrounds now works as expected
- fix: on post pages if the author box was hidden, the theme was sometimes producing invalid author links
- fix: possible function name collision of our gallery filter. Thanks to @denimology form our forum for this suggestion.
- fix: tabs widget from VC, the shortcode was changed in the latest VC version and it lose the theme style
- fix: ads css we moved the align spacing from container to ads itself
- fix: non adsense ads can be disabled responsive using the panel options
- fix: alignment issue when disable top social on some post templates
- fix: the views from the iOS slider now hide when the site wide option to hide views is active
- fix: author mail address now autoappends mailto: if needed
- fix: inline ads work as expected now. When html content was before the first paragraph in articles, the ad was rendered inside the paragraph
- misc: added better explications in the ads panel, we fixed all the links to point to the relevant documentation and we also rewrote the documentation to be better.
- misc: block 21 is now also available as a widget. It works very well in sidebars and has a good look
- misc: the backend editor style that is used in TinyMCE no longer compiles on demand. We ship a ready compiled css and this makes the editor load faster.
Version 6.4 – August 27th, 2015
- new: smart list with pagination
- new: this is the first version of our ajax preloader. The preloader loads the ajax subcategories on the initial pageload, this provides a better user experience and in some cases a better performance if the initial page is cache.
- new: all categories now have an option for infinite loading + load more instead of pagination
- new: 2 new smart lists templates (smart list 6 and 7)
- new: 2 new ad spots used for smart lists (smart list 6 and 7)
- new: 2 new post style template (style 12, 13)
- new: demo – Travel
- new: demo – Health & Fitness
- new: footer background option in Theme Panel -> Footer
- new: wooCommerce invoicing plugin
- new: wooCommerce label maker plugin with support for label Dymo label printer
- fix: default and custom ad size not working for tablet landscape
- fix: on the ad block the sidebar ad spot cannot be selected since the last visual composer update
- fix: IMPORTANT security issue with the ajax code that handles the sidebars.
- fix: issue with ajax subcategories. If you clicked them fast enough there was a chance that they will desynchronized with the content, showing the wrong content.
- fix: block 18 css fix for large image sizes
- misc: mega menu ajax loading now works smoother and the animation is top to bottom
- misc: infinite loader now has a loading animation
- misc: we improved the loading animation, when needed it’s smaller and it looks better
- misc: added link to user page on login widget from top menu
More info about Newspaper
- Built for newspaper sites, article sites and review sites
- Custom colors, selectable for each category
- Fast loading newspaper section
- Responsive design
- Simple to use – basically all the newspaper sections are customizable from the admin. You can have different layouts for each newspaper category.
- Ideal for article sites, review sites, news, newspaper and more
Newspaper is fast
The theme is blazing fast. It’s really incredible how fast the pages built with Newspaper load. As you know, speed is very important when building a site so we’ve spent a huge amount of time optimizing this theme for Newspaper to load extremely fast.
Long time support and development
We can easily send updates to themeforest each time we make an improvement so with each purchase you will fund the further development of this newspaper theme.
Small number of external scripts
Good coding practice and naming conventions
All the html used is HTML 5 valid and it’s incredibly easy to work with.